I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

As a citizen of the United States, you may be able to assist a relative to become 
a lawful permanent resident of the United States by obtaining what is often referred to as a “Green Card.” To do so, you need to sponsor your relative and be able to prove that you have enough income or assets to support your relative(s) when they come to the United States.

You begin the process by filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This form establishes the family relationship that exists between you and your relative. Filing instructions and forms are available on our Web site at www.uscis.gov. Sometimes the I-130 can be filed together with an application for permanent residence, From i-485. We can assist you with both of these processes.

A U.S. citizen can file a petition for the following relatives:
•    Husband or wife.
•    Children, married or unmarried.
•    Parents.
•    Brothers or sisters.